Please forgive my absolute lack of sense or grace while accepting awards. The Always Believer nominated me for this award, and what can I say? I am beyond flattered. Thank you. I am so lucky to be sharing it with some amazing people.
Now, this award has a few rules. When nominated, you nominate others with a few questions. That means, I have to answers questions! Yay!
1) What is one of your favorite quotes?
“Give faith a fighting chance”
A guy named George Donald told me this when I was particularly distressed. I keep these words close to my heart till date. I wish he had a blog, I would nominate him!
2) What is your favorite time of your day?
Probably evenings and nights. Although, living in a big city, I miss the stars twinkling. But there is just something about night time, when the world is ready to fall asleep and I get ready to binge watch a sitcom.
3) If you could throw any kind of party, what would it be like and what would it be for?
I would throw my sweet sixteen party all over again. It was such a disaster, I tell you. So I would throw a sweet sixteen party (preferably at Bali, because it is my heaven). I would have everyone go river rafting or Scuba Diving, and have a beach party at night under the moonlight, with a camp fire and what not. It would be a rad party, not very formal. I would, however, insist on wearing a flower tiara or something equivalent of it. Yep. Princess forever.
4) If you could learn to do anything, what would it be?
I would learn to be a wizard? I think you had grounded expectations in mind when asking this, but since the question said anything, I decided to dwell into the realm of fantasy.
5) If you could choose anyone, who would you pick as your mentor?
Lilly Singh. Hands down.
Or, you know what? I would choose this one stand up comedian named Daniel Fernandez. Both of them are hilarious yet grounded, humble, aware of social issues. They’re happy people with positive vibes. I would want nothing more in life than to learn where those qualities come from. And what better way than for them to mentor me?
6) What songs are included on the soundtrack to your life?
Ah, I think that depends on my mood. I have Taylor Swift to Eminem, and everyone in between. As off this very moment, A lot of One Republic songs would feature on my soundtrack. From Preacher to Counting Stars, I connect to them. Maybe tomorrow I’ll choose Beyonce. Who knows?
7) When was the last time you had an amazing meal?
Just a week back! I met my bae, Smita. We went to this book cafe called ‘Food for Thought’ and can I confess that I adore the pasta there? Delicious. Then we headed to the Taj Mahal hotel, which is known to be one of the most luxurious hotels in the city. We got a place by the window at the Sea Louge, overlooking monuments and the vast sea. There I had coffee. And then, to end the evening rather perfectly, we grabbed kairi – raw mangoes. I swear, nothing tastes better.
8) What is something you learned last week?
I learned that sometimes, the world in unfair and unjust. Sometimes innocent should die too early, and they don’t deserve it. Little kids suffer and there is nothing we can do. I learned that this world is a cruel, messed up place.
But I learned that although we cannot change destiny, although we cannot cure people and make them immortal, we can make mortal beings happy. We can make them smile a little and show them a world they never knew. We can visit their world and accompany them on a wild, adventurous journey. I
I learned that the world is unfair, but a little sprinkle of our vibes can make their lives a tad bit better.
9) Where’s Waldo?
I think everyone is going to assume I live under a rock because I do not understand the meaning of this phrase? And I would have googled it, but honestly, I think people need to see this side of me. I am boring. Lame. And most importantly, I am very very lazy to google things.
10) The best part of waking up is?
Knowing I will be able to watch my favourite sitcom (Game of Thrones now) while having chocolate milk and breakfast/ brunch. Yep. Also, the fact that an alarm does not have to wake me up these days is pretty damn awesome.
Alright, beautiful people. Time to nominate some other awesomesauce bloggers! I nominate:
And questions for you guys are:
- Who is your biggest inspiration?
- Is there a work of art that you feel connect to you the best?
- What are your happy thoughts?
- Do you have a favourite social media website?
- The one song that makes you want to stop everything you’re doing and just listen?
- What do you think the world will look like in 2065?
- Do you have a favourite place, your safe haven, your fortress? If yes, would you mind sharing about it more?
- What was the most difficult to learn? What was the most difficult to unlearn?
- Summer or Winter?
- Lastly, write about the last time you felt happy. Just happy.
Please tag me so I can read your replies. It’s a pleasure to be a part of this amazing community. Love you guys.